Banana, Cashew and Date Slice- soya free, can be sugar free


Banana, date and cashew is a favourite combo of ours for smoothies and general snacking, so what better than to throw them all together in a cake? It's a wholesome yet sweet cake that doesn't even need any sugar (unless, like me, you top it with some melted vegan chocolate!) 

250g self-raising flour
150g wholemeal flour
6 tsps baking powder
3-4 tsps mixed spice
75g broken cashews
50g chopped dates
400ml agave
150ml melted coconut oil
3 large mashed bananas
150g vegan dark chocolate (optional)
  • Mix the solid ingredients together and the liquid ingredients in a separate bowl.
  • Combine the liquid with the solid ingredients, and stir in the mashed banana. Mix thoroughly.
  • Turn the mixture into a shallow rectangular prepared cake pan or dampened silicone mould, and bake in the centre of an oven preheated to 180C for about 25 minutes. Test carefully with a skewer to ensure it's not still sticky in the middle- another reason why using a shallower tin is best for this recipe.





Comments

  1. Chocolate and banana a perfect match - could you use different nuts? walnuts or flaked almonds maybe as I usual have those in my pantry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; walnuts would be yummy- and I'm sure flaked almonds would be too. I've had a little look round your blog btw- such a good read I'm now following :)

      Delete
  2. Yum!
    I'd definitely go for the dark choc topping... banana & choc is one of the best combos ever ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more- they're even good together in smoothies :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment- feedback from you really helps me to decide what to post, and I love hearing from you- thanks :)

Popular Posts