- About Us
- What is Bhakti Yoga?
- The Yogi Vegetarian Blog Policies and Creative Commons Licence
- Ingredient of the Month
- Sugar Free Recipe Links
- Raw/ dehydrator recipes
- Gluten free/ wheat free recipes
- Ekadasi Recipes
- Vegan on a Budget Blog
- Vegan Nutrition
- Gluten Free Recipes
- Cook's Notes, Conversions and Equipment
Tuesday, 18 August 2015
After making our choc hazelnut spread, I was busy thinking of uses for it before it all got spooned out of the jar- naturally, ice cream sprang to mind...
Using the vanilla base from our peach melba ice cream recipe, I added some crushed hazelnuts and a generous helping of the spread, swirled in when it was nearly set. It did come out rather sweet because of the chocolate spread, so next time I would reduce the amount of agave in the vanilla base. And maybe toast the hazelnuts for extra crunch and nuttiness. Still, it did make a wickedly delicious dessert!
Friday, 14 August 2015
400g shelled hazelnuts
200g raw sugar (such as Pakistani sukhar or Brazilian rapadura, but if you can't get those, ordinary soft brown sugar will do)
50g cacao powder (or cocoa if you can't get the raw cacao)
40g coconut oil
- Lightly toast the hazelnuts in a medium oven.
- Put into your food processor and get them down to a smooth butter.
- Add the other ingredients and blend again. Make sure the level of sweetness is to your liking; adjust if necessary.
- Keep in a lidded jar somewhere cool and dry.